VCT STAGE 2 MASTERS: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
After two months of regional Challengers events, we are just a week away from Masters Reykjavik, the first international LAN tournament for VALORANT. More than 2000 teams from seven different regions attempted to qualify for the event, but just 10 will compete in Iceland.
To create the 10 team bracket, the top seeded teams from the two regions with the largest player base, North America and Europe, were seeded into the second round. The remaining teams were randomly seeded with the requirement that teams from the same region could not be put on the same side of the bracket in order to avoid matching against each other in the initial rounds.
On the line is more than $600,000 in prizing and points that will count towards qualification for VALORANT Champions, the year end Final that will crown the 2021 Champion.
LOCATION AND VENUE DETAILS:
Location: Reykjavík, Iceland
Dates: May 24th-30th
Teams will quarantine upon arrival in Iceland. For the health and safety of our players, staff, and local residents, the event will not be able to accommodate a live audience.
Bringing you all the action on the English stream will be a swathe of regional experts, casters, analysts, and on-site observers.
- Analyst Desk Host
- Alex “GoldenBoy” Mendez
- Onsite Host
- James “Dash” Patterson
- Casters & Analysts
- Rivington “Rivington” Bisland III
- Daniel "ddk" Kapadia
- Doug "EsportsDoug" Cortez
- Lauren "Pansy" Scott
- Michael "hypoc" Robins
- Tom "Tombizz" Bissmire
- Christine "potter" Chi
- Loviel "Velly" Cardwell
- Alex "Vansilli" Nguyen
- Jakub "Lothar" Szygulski
- Mitch "MitchMan" McBride
- Clinton “Paperthin” Bader
- Seth "Achilios" King
- DJ "Prius" Kuntz
- Heather "Sapphire" Garozzo
- Nicholas "Yehty" Tesolin
- Monday, May 24 - 8am PDT: Upper Bracket Round 1 and 2
- Tuesday, May 25 - 8am PDT: Upper Bracket Round 2
- Wednesday, May 26 - 8am PDT: Lower Bracket Round 1 and Upper Bracket Round 3
- Thursday, May 27 - 8am PDT: Upper Bracket Round 3 and Lower Bracket Round 3
- Friday, May 28 - 8am PDT: Lower Bracket Round 3 and Upper Bracket Final
- Saturday, May 29 - 10am PDT: Lower Bracket Round 4 and Lower Bracket Final
- Sunday, May 30 - 10am PDT: Finals
HOW TO WATCH:
The tournament will be broadcast in many languages and the full list of channels can be found below:
For those of you who’ll be watching the event, make sure to collect your in-game rewards courtesy of Prime Gaming. These rewards can be claimed through the Prime Gaming portal by players who have both a VALORANT account and an Amazon Prime. If you don’t have a Prime membership, you can sign up for a free, 30-day trial of Prime.
To follow all the action, make sure to subscribe to:
- @VALORANTEsports on Twitter
- VALORANTEsports on Instagram
- Photos will be posted to the VALORANT Esports Flickr