VALORANT Patch Notes 7.07
Hi, everyone! Jo-Ellen here.
Episode 7 Act 2 ends in just a couple of weeks, but we’ve still got Patch 7.07 until then. Below, you’ll find a Haven update, Performance update, and a few bug fixes.
And again, we’re always listening to your feedback so please send it our way!
After listening to your feedback, we have decided to remove the recent rank restriction made to 5 stacks that was implemented in Patch 7.06. We know how important it is to play with your friends and your need for flexibility in order to do that.
Initially, the rank restriction was made to prevent people from illegitimately boosting to the highest ranks like Radiant. In the end, we realized that your ability to have flexibility with your 5 stack was more important than the very small number of people who abuse this exploit. However, we still recognize that boosting is a risk to competitive integrity and are working on an appropriate long term solution that doesn't impact your ability to play with friends in a 5 stack.
- Updated the destruction VFX for the destructible door panels located at Mid Doors/Garage in order to make it easier to see through as it falls away.
- Enabled multithreaded rendering for discrete Intel GPUs and lowered required CPU core count.
In Patch 7.06, we fixed a bug that allowed the game to output surround sound when certain conditions were met, but the surround mix was untested and unsupported. VALORANT currently only supports stereo and mono sound output.
- To simulate surround sound on headphones, we offer an HRTF setting. We do not recommend combining the HRTF setting in game with other surround sound virtualization software at the same time since this will result in double processing.
- Note that other surround sound virtualization software cannot derive surround sound information from the stereo mix.
- Neural Theft (X) now completes even if Cypher dies after casting.
- Fixed an issue where you could remain blinded if spectating a flash through Cypher’s Spycam (E) as the round ended.
- Dizzy’s (E) enemy detection range is now correctly reduced while inside of Viper’s Pit (X) ability.
- Fixed an issue where the Attacker team takes priority over the Defender team in the Overtime vote.
- Fixed a bug where a second timer bar would appear after the “Choose Side” vote had already ended.
- Fixed a bug where certain scenarios would cause subsequent Overtime Priority votes to occur in the following round.