VALORANT Patch Notes 3.05
VALORANT Episode 3 continues with Act II, with new features all collected in this article for easy reading (Fracture map, fresh Battlepass, Spectrum skinline!).
This patch adds more consistency to the damage that abilities deal to opposing abilities, tweaks to everyone’s favorite two robots, and a follow through on our attempt to adjust our rank distribution mentioned in a previous Ask VALORANT.
Don’t skip the Fracture-only queue and new XP Boost for Premium Battlepass owners.
Brimstone, Sova, and Breach are all receiving consistency changes to ability damage. We want to reward those of you who are creative with the ability sandbox, using your tools to solve the obstacles other Agents are creating. To ensure this, physical objects across VALORANT need to interact in a reliable and consistent manner, so you can properly plan and execute without knowing ability-specific interactions.
Orbital Strike (X)
Hunter’s Fury (X)
Killjoy’s Turret is a versatile ability that provides information, chip damage, and a powerful slow. While manageable during mid to later rounds, the Turret can be especially oppressive on pistol rounds down longer sightlines, where the tagging intensity combined with weapon spread makes it challenging to press forward. These changes aim to slightly tone down the Turret’s ability to impede rushes, and give opponents more counterplay options.
The Boom Bots' ability to clear space, spot, and track opponents, as well as one-shot enemies with Light Shields, left you with limited options on how to counterplay—especially during low economy rounds. So, we’re trading off reduced damage output for an ability cost reduction in order to introduce more Boom Bot counterplay options. This should also increase the frequency that Raze mains can use Boom Bot to create space.
Boom Bot (C)
- NEW MAP: Fracture is live!
- See below for more info on the Fracture map rotation
- Immortal 1/2/3 rank tiers are back!
- The Leaderboard will update to distinguish between those of you in each Immortal tier.
- Updated Ranked grouping restrictions to accommodate return of Immortal 1/2/3:
- Diamond 1 → Immortal 1
- Diamond 2 → Immortal 2
- Diamond 3 → Immortal 3
- Adjusted Competitive ranked distribution as detailed in a previous article
- Fracture only queue!
- This queue is a standard, Unrated mode that will give players a chance to practice the new map before they see it in Competitive play.
- Fracture-only queue will be available for 2 weeks, afterwards Fracture will enter Competitive.
Premium Battlepass Bonus XP
- Upgrading to the Premium Battlepass will grant a 3% XP boost toward Battlepass tier progression for all matchmade games until the end of Act II
- We believe the Battlepass experience is at its best when you’re able to earn hype rewards as you unlock tiers, hitting major milestones and feeling good about what you’ve earned.
- This is not retroactive, so upgrading early will give you access to the most amount of XP
- The XP boost does not apply toward Daily or Weekly Missions
- Updated AFK detection logic to deter players from farming Battlepass/Account Levels by AFKing in game modes like Deathmatch and Snowball Fight
- Updated the ping calculation to exclude the server frame time.
- Updated markers used by NVIDIA Reflex
- NVIDIA Reflex is used to reduce and measure rendering latency. This update should allow Reflex to better pace frames by adding present markers as well as fixes on some older markers.
- Fixed a bug where concurrent, overlapping ally and enemy Viper smoke could cause the nearsight and decay to never remove
- Fixed a bug where Omen could become stuck in other objects if they were blocking the return location of From the Shadows
- Omen will no longer equip his weapon slower than intended after casting Dark Cover
- Astra will no longer equip her weapon slower than intended after exiting Astral Form
- Fixed KAY/O’s NULL/cmd waves from destroying the glass on Ascent
- Fixed a bug that would cause the Leaderboard to infinitely load when searching for a specific player.
- For Coaches, the Loading screen should now properly display all of the Agent select information (Agent compositions of both teams, etc)
- Fixed an issue where Observer Moderators could not see the pause match timer option if they disconnected and then reconnected during a round