VALORANT Patch Notes 3.06
This round of balance changes targets two Initiators: Skye and KAY/O. Skye’s benefitted from some quick movement shortly after her flashes and frequent Seekers, so we’ve slowed her down a tad and bumped the cost of her ult. For KAY/O, he should be better at hiding his FLASH/drive pitches.
And then there’s Jett. Simply put, these changes are about getting the most out of Blade Storm’s primary fire and creating matching damage rules for the alternate fire. In the same vein, there is one less smoke to work with, so choose wisely.
Five of the maps now come with sturdier crates, offering more protection for attackers on some planting sites, or safer positioning for defenders.
We’ve liked that Skye has been able to play off her own flash more and more. But lately, there's a sense that it's become too effective and optimal to play off of herself in some situations. An increase to the unequip time should make it slightly more difficult for Skye to capitalize on Guiding Light bird flashes as quickly as before—making coordinated play or different styles of flashes more competitive.
The increased activation time aims to give prepared enemies a slightly larger window to react, without trivializing her main Initiator tool. Also, we’ve seen both the frequency of Skye’s ult and its effectiveness increase as players have become more skilled with the Agent. Looking at the recon and impact it can provide, it now seems more appropriate amongst the ults that cost seven points.
When we first launched KAY/O, we had two big questions: “How strong is Suppression for initiation?” and “Can regular flashbangs exist against other flashes in VALORANT?” Although we believed the ability to lab out flashes was where the power could come in, we over-indexed on telegraphing the projectile, which is holding back its success.
These changes should help reward those of you that put in additional effort to throw clever pop flashes. As far as the ultimate goes, we wanted to increase the baseline value of the ultimate by ensuring a longer suppression window for those explosive site takes.
- Tunnel to Generator/Canteen areas can no longer be bullet penned (a.k.a. wallbang)
- One crate on B site is no longer pennable
- This should create a safer planting option for attackers, while retaining a riskier, but more powerful option.
- The crate stack on B site is no longer pennable, this is to create a safer planting option for attackers
- One stack of crates on C site is no longer pennable, this is to create a safer planting option for attackers
- One crate on A site is no longer pennable, this is to create a safer position on site for defenders
- One stack of crates on A site is no longer pennable, this is to create a safer planting option for attackers
GAME SYSTEM UPDATES
- For users of the Public Beta Environment (PBE), your settings for Live and PBE have been split, and your setting should no longer be wiped when going between the two environments
- Coaches now default into all-chat rather than team chat where they're muted for competitive integrity reasons
- This should fix some issues where calling timeouts did not work via text methods (/timeout or /to)
- Icebox minimap and vision cones will now correctly display near B Yellow callout.
- Deathmatch penalties will no longer prevent you from getting banned for AFK-ing
- Sorry about this bug! Penalties should have been reverted.